Friday 30 March 2012

Let's Eat Cake!

First of all I have to confess - technically I didn't make this cake!  My sister-in-law baked the sponges and my brother decorated it using my new Cricut Cake.  I did supply the icing and equipment though!  My brother will be the first to tell you that I was of little help to him that night as I was busy making a card with my Cricut Expression 2!  Anyway, our Mam was delighted with it when we produced it at her birthday party at the end of February.


I have decorated a couple of things using the Cricut Cake (no pics though and they are long eaten!) and I have found that getting the icing to fit the entire size of the matt can be a little tricky.  I saw Sarah on Create and Craft (Cricut Cake guru!) using a sheet of mesh that normally holds rugs in place to keep the matt from sliding on the worktop.  I think I'll have to give this a go.  I'm hoping to try some baking tomorrow so there may be more pictures soon.  In the meantime, here is a lovely pic of my brother and his fiance at my cousin's wedding last August.



Have a great weekend everyone.

Rachel x

No comments:

Post a Comment